Proton therapy’s precision, reduced side effects, and enhanced outcomes make it an ideal option for the treatment of many types of cancer. By providing equitable access to advanced treatments like proton therapy, we not only support veterans’ well-being but also ensure they have the best possible chance when faced with a cancer diagnosis.
Our latest white paper, “Supporting the Inclusion of Proton Therapy in the Veterans Health Administration Coverage Policy for Radiation Cancer Treatment.” reveals how proton therapy can transform the landscape of cancer treatment for our nation’s heroes.
Why You Should Download the NAPT White Paper:
Unveiling Alarming Statistics
- Each year, approximately 50,000 cancer cases are reported in the VA Central Cancer Registry.
- Veterans face up to a 25% higher risk of lung cancer due to environmental toxin exposure during their service.
Benefits That Change Lives
- Proton therapy precisely targets tumors while sparing healthy tissue, resulting in better patient outcomes and an improved quality of life.
- By reducing side effects and hospitalizations, proton therapy can alleviate the financial burden on veterans.
Importance for Veterans
- Shockingly, less than 250 veterans received proton therapy through the VHA in 2022.
- Disparities in cancer incidence persist among veterans, especially among minority and lower-income groups.
Achieving Equitable Access
- The white paper emphasizes the need to align VHA coverage guidelines with Medicare to empower veterans and reduce disparities in care.
Ready to dive deeper into this transformative approach to cancer care? Click below or visit the NAPT Resource Center to download the full white paper now and join us in championing the health and well-being of our veterans.DOWNLOAD PDF