Revised: September 2023
- What information is collected by NAPT or third parties through our site or services and how we maintain this information;
- How NAPT uses this information;
With whom NAPT may disclose this information;
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of information under our control; and
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including through any other website or any third party. Note that the Site contains links to third-party websites, applications, and services not operated by NAPT. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by NAPT of the activities or content of these sites, applications, or services nor any association with their operators. NAPT is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party, including websites or services directly linked to the Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site on which you click.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with this Policy, your choice is not use our Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this page periodically for updates.
NAPT IS NOT A HIPAA COVERED ENTITY OR A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (as defined under HIPAA law).
NAPT IS NOT REGULATED BY THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY RULES PROMULGATED UNDER THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996 (“HIPAA”) BECAUSE NAPT IS NOT A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OR HEALTH PLAN AND DOES NOT STORE INDIVIDUALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON BEHALF OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS OR HEALTH PLANS. INSTEAD, WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AS A GENERAL USER OF OUR SITE, AND NOT AS A PATIENT SEEKING AND/OR RECEIVING MEDICAL CARE FROM A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to us via the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through this Site or any of its features. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at _______.
What Information Is Collected By NAPT Or Third Parties Through Our Site Or Services And How We Maintain This Information
We collect information from you when you (1) choose to provide this information to us by contacting us or filling out any forms that we may make available on our Site, including your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of any communications from you to us or (2) visit our Site, including Internet Protocol Address or other device information as discussed below under “Data Collection Technologies” and “Cookies and Web Beacons.”
Data Collection Technologies
When you provide Personal Information to register for access to certain sections of the Site or send messages to us using the links on this Site, the information you provide to us will be collected and stored on NAPT’s servers and used by NAPT to respond to your messages and provide you content through the Site. Also, when you visit the Site our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our website and the Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics (collectively, “Usage Data“)..
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also occasionally use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web bugs, 1-pixel gifs, etc.) that allow us to collect non-personal information about your response to our email communications, and for other purposes. Web beacons are tiny images placed on a webpage or email that can tell us if you have visited a particular area of the Site. We do not collect any Personal Information with a web beacon, and do not link web beacons with any other Personal Information you have given us.
The information we collect automatically through data collection technologies, cookies and web beacons is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information. This information helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a more personalized service, including by enabling us to (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns, (2) store information about your preferences to customize your Site visits, and (3) recognize when you return to our Site.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Site does not respond to such “Do Not Track” or similar features and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if such “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
How NAPT Uses Information It Collects
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With Whom NAPT May Disclose Personal Information
Unless we receive your explicit permission, NAPT will not sell, rent, or share any information to or with any third party not affiliated with or owned by NAPT, with the following exceptions:
- Responding to You. NAPT may disclose information, including Personal Information, with third parties so as to help us respond to communications you send us through the Site.
- Agents and Contractors. In order to provide you with the services on the Site, we may disclose your information to our agents, contractors, or service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as incentive fulfillment, web hosting, or data storage. These third parties may also collect information on our behalf.
- Use and Disclosure of Aggregate Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information, and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying information and Usage Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of NAPT or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Protection of Rights. We may disclose your information if we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NAPT or others.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such event, your Personal Information may be transferred to that third party.
We may also disclose your information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and/or with your consent.
What Types Of Security Procedures Are In Place To Protect The Confidentiality And Integrity Of Information Under Our Control
We have implemented security measures appropriate to the risk of any unauthorized access to, or use or disclosure of, your information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Information transmitted through our Site or by email. Any transmission of Personal Information to us is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Site. At your discretion, you may contact us instead using the mailing address or telephone number listed at the end of this document.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page with an updated effective date, and we may post a notice on the Site’s main page and other pages to alert you about the change.
If the Policy changes materially so that we are going to use your Personal Information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you by either sending you an email or by posting a notice on the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at:
The National Association for Proton Therapy (NAPT)
8400 Westpark Drive, 2nd Floor
McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (202) 802-9040